Position Title: C.D Technician/Varied Shifts
Location: 806 Albert Street North Saint Paul
To supervise, monitor, observe and report on all clients at JFCDS- Residential and Group Residential Housing programs. Must be medication trained and the ability to accurately record and dispense medications to clients. Accurately report all activities on the shift report.
- Be responsible to the Treatment Director in performing your duties successfully each day and other duties as assigned by the Treatment Director and Executive Director.
- Comply with all personnel policy and other policies of the agency.
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality with respect to clients to maintain integrity of the program.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, which requires you to read and answer all electronic communications.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Ability to write effectively.
- Basic computer skills, including Windows and Word.
- Must successfully complete a nationwide background check.
- Must have a current driver’s license.
- Must have at least two years in recovery and comply with the chemical free policy of the agency. Have knowledge of Chemical Dependency, recovery and be willing to learn
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and Monitor all JFCDS clients-Residential and Group Residential housing Residents
- Observe and report-Daily Shift reporting in the log book and end of shift reports by email-Document the incidents and email all reports to counselors.
- Maintain daily functions of the agency
- Make sure that all clients are up and out of their rooms, beds made, all clothing is picked up and put away. Rooms cleaned and garbage’s emptied.
- Make routine bed checks- during the evening, at curfew and on weekends
- Monitor day and evening activities
- Hourly rounds are performed to ensure the safety of all JFCDS clients- Walking though the GRH, ELR and Residential buildings. Also, the Admit building, checking to make sure that all doors are locked. Walk the grounds, the entire perimeter around the campus.
- Assist the Admissions Coordinator with intakes- Assign clients their beds, dresser and closet area. Also, point out where their bathroom is located and the nearest emergency exit
- Assist clients with their belongings- upon arrival all clients are expected to wash and dry their personal belongings. You will need to show the clients where the washer and dryer are located and help start the process to ensure that it is done.
- Most clients will need linens upon arrival- If the client doesn’t have brand new linens we will provide them They will need: A mattress cover, bedspread, blanket, flat, fitted sheet and a pillow case.
- At curfew time-Lock all doors, make sure necessary lights are off and also security lights are on and working on and around the yard.
- If you suspect a client of using- UA or give them a Breathalyzer and notify the on call counselor immediately
- IF a client has been discharged- Fill out the discharge summary and discharge medication sheet and have the client sign. Make sure to receive all JFCDS property (Laundry Basket, towel, hand towel, wash cloth, bedspread, pillow case, flat and fitted sheet)
- If a client has left the agency without staff approval or gone AWOL, you will need to do the following: Pack all their belongings, mark their items and place in storage. Clean the client’s room. Get their medications together and place in a bag along with the discharge summary. Wash their linens and place back in linen closet. Notify Executive Director and on call counselor
- If a client becomes aggressive or confrontational immediately get a counselor to defuse the situation. If no counselor is available, notify the Executive Director and wait for direction. Do not get upset or show anger towards a client. Always treat them with respect
- At times you may need to transport a client as needed to their doctors’ appointments, or scheduled activities
- Clients signing in and out-Make sure that clients are signing out appropriately and have their contact information as needed. You are responsible for initialing their signature. You must have the sign out sheet on you at all times. Clients are only allowed to sign out Monday –Friday to places and appointments that are conducive to their recovery.
a) Doctors’ appointments
b) Probation Officer
d) Job searching/resume building
e) Apartment searching