Position Title: Residential Counselor (LADC or ADC-T
Supervisor: Treatment Director
Hours: 8am-4pm Monday-Friday
Salary: Dependent on Qualifications
- Must have an alcohol and drug counseling license issued by the State of Minnesota and a Bachelor Degree in Human Services or a related field.
- Possess knowledge and experience or a desire to work with Native Americans and other underserved populations recovering from a substance use disorders.
- Must be able to utilize electronic health records efficiently.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to pass background check by DHS and a national background check.
- Must have a valid Minnesota driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- If applicant has a history of substance use disorder, he/she must be in compliance with DHS 245G. Two years of confirmed abstinence from all mood altering chemicals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide counseling and facilitate group therapy according to 245G and program policies.
- Conduct individual counseling with assigned clients at least once a week or more if needed.
- Facilitate therapy groups as scheduled by program outline.
- Document comprehensive, individual treatment plans for each assigned client within policy guidelines.
- Establish with the clients, goals, and methods for attaining those goals within policy guidelines.
- Monitor comprehensive, individual goal plan for assigned clients.
- Write client reports, chart evaluations, and note progress made. Maintain accurate, complete, current client case files which comply with Minnesota Rule 31.
- Submit monthly state reports, P.O. reports, and any other reports required.
- Help plan arrange social, cultural and recreational activities for clients, and assist as needed.
- Be able to build and improve on an on-going basis a solid rapport with the Native American Community in regard to marketing JFRS Residential Treatment Program.
- Keep abreast of changes in the field of substance use by upgrading education on an on-going basis.
- Complete all other tasks as assigned by Treatment Direct and/or Executive Director.